FAQs Archive - Scope Clean - Scope Environmental Remediation
Scope Environmental Provides Cleanup and Disinfection - Learn More

FAQs

Mold Removal

If you notice or suspect that you have mold growing in your home contact Scope Environmental a IICRC Certified firm that adheres strictly the IICRC Standards for a thorough evaluation and thermal imaging is also available. Mold often gives off a strong, musty scent so you may smell it before you see it. At Scope Environmental we

Remediation

The goals of remediation are to remove (or clean) contaminated materials, preventing fungi (and fungi-contaminated dust) from entering an occupied (or non-contaminated) area while protecting workers performing the abatement. It is very important to hire a firm that is professionally trained and certified by the IICRC in Mold remediation and Water Damage Restoration.  They must follow the ANSI/IICRC S520

Getting rid of the mold!

The first step in solving an indoor mold problem is to remove the moisture source; new mold will begin to grow on moist, porous surfaces within 24 to 48 hours. There are a number of ways to prevent mold growth. Some cleaning companies specialize in fabric restoration, removing mold (and mold spores) from clothing to eliminate odor

What kind of Mold?

The first step in assessment is to non-intrusively determine if mold is present by visually examining the premises, a mold inspection; visible mold helps determine the level of remediation necessary. If mold is actively growing and visibly confirmed, sampling for its specific species is unnecessary. Intrusive observation is sometimes needed to assess the mold level.

Where is Mold?

Mold is detectable by smell and signs of water damage on walls or ceiling, and can grow in places invisible to the human eye. It may be found behind wallpaper or paneling, on the inside of ceiling tiles, the back of drywall, or the underside of carpets or carpet padding. Piping in walls may also

What is Mold?

Molds are ubiquitous, and mold spores are a common component of household and workplace dust. In large amounts they can be a health hazard to humans, potentially causing allergic reactions and respiratory problems.Some molds produce mycotoxins that can pose serious health risks to humans and animals. “Toxic mold” refers to molds which produce mycotoxins, such as Stachybotrys chartarum. Exposure